Greetings readers!
I'm sure you're all super interested in learning about Big O, so without further ado, I shall share more of my (albeit limited) knowledge with you.
Let me first present to you what it means to be bounded above by big O.
Or more precisely:
If the function f(n) which is a positive increasing function, is in the set of functions bounded above by the function listed in O, then beyond the breakpoint B, f(n) will be no bigger (or will be bounded above) than n^2 that is multiplied by some c that makes this statement true.
If we were to look at a graph, it would look something like this:
In terms of coding and find the worst case in sorting methods, big O will help you find the maximum possible number of steps a function may take for any given input.
Now that you know almost just as much about big O as I do! Isn't that something! (that something would be not much... but hey baby steps, baby steps)
Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!!
Lana :)



Comments
Post a Comment