Hello readers!
Today I would like to talk to you about this week's newest topic: Proofs! (Because I'm sure you've all read enough about how easy or difficult the first assignment was).
Since they have just been introduced to us, I am definitely no expert in the field, however I have to say that this is definitely an art, that is, a very accurate art. To create a proof for a statement takes true creativity and "out-of-the-box" thinking, while having to keep all the parts within it logically valid and true.
To me, making a proof is like making a burger: you have your standard buns (the outline of the proof) and then you're essentially free to put whatever you want between those buns, as long as it's edible and the flavours are coherent and harmonious. Further, just like how a BLT can't be missing any of those 3 ingredients that make it a BLT, you also can't just take out steps wherever you please. Creating cool new burgers is an art and a science, as in making a proof. While not all burger enthusiasts may be the perfect logicians, I would like to think that most logicians would be able to create a pretty darn good sandwich because they know how to make proofs.
So that's it for this week, I'll let how well my "burgers" turn out in later weeks!
Take care and go flip some burgers!
Lana :)
Comments
Post a Comment