Hello friends!!
How do you do today? Week 11 has just happened and boy did this semester go by quickly. For this week's post, I would like to talk about tracing recursion (or rather recursion, in general), which I talked about in my week 5 post.
Ah... good ol' recursion. In week 5 we were only responsible for tracing, and without having to code. Back then I thought coding recursive functions was something that I could handle. Now, 6 weeks later, my much older, wiser self agrees, somewhat. Firstly, I would like to say that I am not the hardest worker, nor am I the smartest cookie in the cookie jar. However, I can usually understand something the first time someone explains something to me. With recursion, that was definitely not the case. It took so much time and way more effort than I thought to understand. The 'recursive thinking' definitely does not come innately to me. With that said, it is not like organic chemistry (which is my personal kryptonite) so I was able to eventually understand the concept and I am so happy that I am finally able to say that. It feels good being able to understand something so fundamental but still so crucial to computer programming.
It seems that many of my fellow classmates had the same initial thoughts on recursion, since most of us had never done this before. If you would like to read up on other's impressions, here are my suggestions:
http://148slogger.blogspot.ca/
https://kristinamadethis.wordpress.com/
http://148choi.blogspot.ca/
All of these blogs are well written and interesting to read.
That's it for today folks! Have a dandy week and get psyched for the last week of classes!!!
Lana :D
How do you do today? Week 11 has just happened and boy did this semester go by quickly. For this week's post, I would like to talk about tracing recursion (or rather recursion, in general), which I talked about in my week 5 post.
Ah... good ol' recursion. In week 5 we were only responsible for tracing, and without having to code. Back then I thought coding recursive functions was something that I could handle. Now, 6 weeks later, my much older, wiser self agrees, somewhat. Firstly, I would like to say that I am not the hardest worker, nor am I the smartest cookie in the cookie jar. However, I can usually understand something the first time someone explains something to me. With recursion, that was definitely not the case. It took so much time and way more effort than I thought to understand. The 'recursive thinking' definitely does not come innately to me. With that said, it is not like organic chemistry (which is my personal kryptonite) so I was able to eventually understand the concept and I am so happy that I am finally able to say that. It feels good being able to understand something so fundamental but still so crucial to computer programming.
It seems that many of my fellow classmates had the same initial thoughts on recursion, since most of us had never done this before. If you would like to read up on other's impressions, here are my suggestions:
http://148slogger.blogspot.ca/
https://kristinamadethis.wordpress.com/
http://148choi.blogspot.ca/
All of these blogs are well written and interesting to read.
That's it for today folks! Have a dandy week and get psyched for the last week of classes!!!
Lana :D
Comments
Post a Comment